Sunday, June 25, 2006

Made a Run for the Border

God must love to travel. Ever since we left our home in Charleston, SC our eyes have been opened and the way we see the world has forever been changed. Mexico was a complete success! All the building projects were finished, the people of Nueveo Laredo were ministered to and the missionarys came back with stories of Glory. I saw a gigantic tarantula, a tiny amount of sleep, a mini tornado of dirt (called a dust devil), scary looking taco trucks and every vehicle made in the U.S. from 1950 - 1980. The poverty wasn't shocking, what was shocking was the way people lived. They were mostly happy. They were OK with no A/C or laptop computer. Their government has suppressed the economy so that it is almost impossible to recover from poverty. However on a Thursday night at the local Church we see a powerfull move of God. The Mexicans unapologetically express their love and faith of Jesus to us and anybody who cares to listen. For one week there seem to be no borders and no language boundary's. The message was clear; We love you and you love us and God loves us all. Travel has not changed us. It has served as a mighty wind, blowing away the dust of our mind; the stereotypes, the social status, the skin colors.......It has left us with something more pure and closer to lens of our creator. San Diego, Ca is our next stop, we will remain there until Christmas, working the whole time ( hopefully ) and remove more dust.


6 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello hello Jeff and Krisan!!! I can not even tell you how happy I am to read about the glory of the Lord through your adventure. It sounds like Mexico was a fabulous ministry for all of you there. GO GOD!!! David and I miss yall a lot. There are many weekends when we are thinking of things to do and wishing yall were around. I just got a new laptop, so I hope to stay in better touch. Just wanted to let yall know that we love you guys and are praying for ya! Enjoy San Diego for me, it is one of my favorite places. God bless!!! Love, Lee (and David) :)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Jade Rocks said...

I bet the food there was great! Stereotypes are one thing that has been a road block for me most of my life. I get pigeon-holed often due to my upbringing and such. I'm glad that you enjoyed this eye opening experience and grew from it. People and places, I've learned are rarely what they seem.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I think and pray for the two of you all the time. I hope all is well with you. You looked abit spent in the picture. I hope you are taking care of yourselves and eachother (mom talk here...sorry). Enjoy the trip and be careful. Come back soon.......miss you!!!

love~rita

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are doing really amazing things! i am so proud to call you my brother and my sister(in law).

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Jeff/Krisan.... What's up... We sure do miss you guys and want to hear more about the trip down to Meheko (Mexico). Looks like it was an awesome time. Did I tell you that the weekend you were down, Pastor Hagee recognized a group of about 15-20 folks from North and SOuth Carolina that were going down to the same place. Where are thou now??? We are getting our web page back up and will e-mail you as we have put some pictures of you guys on their with a link to your blog. I should have the new web page posted soon. You can google "williams4jc" and it should point you guys there. Look at the pictures tab...

Will call maybe tomorrow. Will you guys be able to make it for Erica's Birthday party??? (Just kidding)...

God bless and until then, may He lead you and guide you in all paths of righteousness for His name sake...

Eric&Mary Ann and kids...

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are amazing! I'm glad all is well, not much for typing though but wanted to say hey. Much love to the two of you from Chucktown

 

Post a Comment

<< Home