Friday, June 02, 2006

Poem


Your Alter Awaits
The soul is the vessel
Bearing the weight of decision
Traveling between faith and the image of creation
Voices in the wind
Troubled waters flooding the hull
We turn for land
Your alter awaits
As far as the East is from the West
The mind will be divided
Seconds longer than days tick away
Leave the anchor in the sea below
Lest the waves mark our graves We will forsake our old friend tonight
The lighthouse pierces the darkness
My heart leaps inside my chest
The wind at my back
Adding not a tear to her depths
Nor comfort to her cry
I press on and award her no farewell
A breeze carries a song of praise
The walls of the vessel snap and fall into the sea
With great brokenness I arrive
Footprints showing me from the waters edge
Over the crest of the high dune
Fearing everything but the present
Forward with conviction
Adding new footprints in the sand
A voice from Heaven
Your altar awaits

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good poem jeff! Loved ourt talk the other day man you helped me alot in our convo. Believe it or not i still think of you as my best friend and I am PROUD of what you are doing. It takes a strong person to be able to live righteously through the hand of the lord and if anyopne can do that you can jeff. Just wanted to post and let you know i say a prayer for both of you every night to help you find your way on your journey.

Much love
Brent T Simpson
Alexander M Simpson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home