Friday, March 02, 2007

Here I Come


If you have ever stood on the rim of the Grand Canyon you know what its like to stare into huge hole and wonder; why does it take your breath away? Many enjoy the beauty of the vast colors in the hills or the 6,000 foot drop to the bottom, I get stirred up when I think about hiking it. A 26 mile trek down steep cliffs with no guardrails and icy paths that border strait drop-offs that will fill your heart with fear and your eyes with splendor at the same time. But, I wont be setting out on this adventuer for at least a few months. For now I have the honor of serving the Lord in an amazing way. In 2 weeks there will be 100 students living in Chiapias, Mx for 14 days. We're all there to win people to Christ. All talents combine in local parks and town squares to evangelize the population and the first step is to draw a crowd, thats where I come in. Im in charge of the outreach band; a secular style group that plays popular American and Mexican hip-hop. We are "Los Devinos" and the larger the crowd we draw, the more people hear the Gospel, the more people come to the Lord. Thats my "Grand Canyon" I'm starin at. We have 1 week to learn 7 songs with only acoustic instruments. Pray for the people of Chiapas and for the band. Untill next time-

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home