Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tombstone



Some time ago, this classic VW bus cruised through towns, going to somewhere and coming from some place else. Who knows who drove it or for what reason. This relic could yeild story after story if she only had a voice. Now, in a final resting place she sits idle, bare, stripped of all the wild times and discoveries of the next road trip. This was a sad sight at first, almost like I was looking at a tombstone. Like countless others, Im sure in the middle of a trip down Route 66 she just reached her last mile of travel, and the owner pushed her out into a field and walked away, never to return. In a way this reminds me of the first 20 years of my life. Just crusin through, racking up storys and enjoying the scenery. But, somewhere along the way I was told that I was on the wrong road and that if I didnt get turned around, I would be lost forever. The new road could not be traveled in the comfort and ease I was used to and I would be provided no map, just a destination. I had to make a choice; leave everything you have on the side of the road and pursuit a new direction or wander even further on my current path and risk coming to the end of the road. In a way I guess this old VW is a tombstone, marking the end of a journey and reminding me of the new way that is available to all of us. As she sits there and rusts and falls back into the ground she came from, I wonder, where did this traveler end up ? Was this the end of the road, or just a memorial.

1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man its nice to see you blog again. Miss you much bro I hope your travels are kind and the rewards fullfilling. Since I spoke to you last I felt more revived in our lord jesus christ. It's just soo nice to see my old bro suceed on this path. You have always been a great friend in my life. I know that the path we are both on is the righteous one. We may feel like relics lost on the side of the road some days, but the lord gave us a tune up! Travel well my friends god is definately with you both. Brent and Alex send our prayers and love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home